Thursday, September 18, 2008

Babys First BOO

I have to say - I was never one for pink and frills! maybe that is because I have two boys! but I think even if my boys had been girls - they would have been tomboys and would have loved playing in the dirt as much as I did! Why when I had my boys was it that we didn't have access to fun and funky clothing, and if we could find it you paid a very high price for it. Saying that I am proud to introduce you to Jacquie and Baby's First Boo!

As an only child, I started sewing and knitting to keep myself entertained. In the 80s, my pink hair actually made me a freak and I made all my bizarre punk clothes so following high school, the Creative Fashion Design Course at George Brown College was only logical for me. Somewhere along the way I also became fascinated with all things horror. Starting with peeking through my fingers at the first Halloween movies and being a regular at the Rocky Horror Picture Show, it has escalated to the point where I now have wonderfully creepy images tattooed all over my body.

Baby's First BOO! was hatched in late 2006 when many friends bearing new bundles of wet diapers had me in the baby aisles regularly hunting for gifts. Nauseated by the barrage of bunny, train and princess themes, I decided it was time to fuse my loves of horror and crafts. We carry reusable cloth diapers, cloth wipes and receiving blankets all in 100% cotton flannel and a collection of 100% cotton sweaters and 100% wool hats. Diaper bags, blankets and quilts will be coming soon! I personally make all of the items and they, of course, have a BOO! scary theme. Nothing cutesy, nothing pukesy, just handmade frights for your favourite little demon...

Jump on over to Baby's First Boo! and have a Boo! http://babysfirstboo.net/shop/page/1?shop_param==

Till next time

Heather

No comments: